Mahabir Jain was the ancient sage and the propagator of Jainism. He was the twenty fourth and last Tirthankara (prohpet or guru) of jainism.
- Mahabir was born on 599 BCE.His earlier name was Bhardhaman Mahabir.
- His father was king siddhartha and his mother was queen Trishala. He married to Yashoda. He had a daughter Priyadarshana.
- At the age of 30, Mahavira gave up all his worldly things and left home to find the truth of life.
- He spent 12 years roaming the different part of the country. In this period he faced much difficulties.Some people even thought him as a thief and attacked him. He spent this years without any cloths and with little food.
- At the age of 43,near Jrimbhikgrama he attained the supreme knowledge (kaivalay).
- After attainment of kaivalay, he spent his time teaching others what he had learn.He added Brahmacharya (celibacy) with the previous teachings of jainism (non injury, non stealing, non possession).
- In 527 BCE near Patna,Mahavira died at age the of 72.