National Flag of India
- “Tiranga” or “Tricolour” is the National flag of India. It was adopted as national flag of India on 22 July 1947 by constituent assembly.
- Pingali Venkayya was the designer of Indian National flag. The ratio of width to length of the flag is 2:3.
- The colors of the national flag represents some meaning. The saffron color of the flag stands for courage, Sacrifice and spirit of Renunciation; White stands for Truth and Purity; Green stands for faith and fertility; Ashok chakra represents the wheel of law. It has 24 spokes.
National Emblem of India
- Lion Capital adopted from Ashok stambh (pillar) of Sarnath is the national emblem of India. It was adopted as the national emblem of India on 26 January 1950.
- King Ashoka build this stambhs during his reign to popularize Buddha dharma.
- In Ashok Stambh four lions are depicted as seated back to back. They represent power, courage, confidence, and pride.
- Ashok Chakra of National Flag was taken from the Dharam Chakra depicted in the Ashok Stambh.
- The words "Satyamev Jayate" are also inscribed in this Stambha.
National Anthem of India
- Jana Gana Mana is the National Anthem of India.On 24 January 1950, It was adopted as the national anthem of India.
- It was written by Noble Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. It is the first five stanzas of Brahma Hymn.
- The Original poem was written in Bengali. It was translated to Hindi by Abid Ali.
- Jana Gana Mana was first sung on 27 December 1911 in the Calcutta Session of the Indian National Congress.
National Song of India
- In 1950, the first two verse of the song Vande Matram was selected as the National Song of India.
- The song was written by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay in his noble Anandamath. Jadunath Bhattacharya composed the music.
- In 1986, Rabindranath Tagore sung the song for the first time in the Session of Indian National Congress. This song was used heavily in the Independence Movement of India.
National Calendar of India
- Saka Calendar is the national calendar of India. In the year 1957, It was adopted as the national calendar of India.
National Flower of India
- Lotus is the national flower of India
National Bird of India
- Peacok is the national bird of India. In 1964, peacock was declared as the national bird of India. It is protected by the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
National Animal of India
- Tiger is the national animal of India. To protect the tigers in India, Project Tiger was launched in 1973.
National Fruit of India
- Mango is the national fruit of India.
National Tree of India
- Banyan is the national tree of India.