Nawazuddin Siddiqui is an Indian actor. His acting in the films Kahaani and Gangs of Wasseypur earned him a great respect in the bollywood film industry.
He was born on 19 may, 1974 in a small town of Muzaffarnagar,Uttar Pradesh.
- He was born in a Muslim family. His father was a farmer.
- He completed his graduation from Gurukul kangri University of Haridwar.
- His passion for the acting started when he watched the performances of the people who performed in the village carnivals and festivals. At that time the festivals were the main source of entertainment for the villagers. He was fascinated by the fact that how the performances united all the villagers and made them cry,laugh together.
- After graduation he started his career as a chemist in a petrochemical company. But he was not satisfied with the job and soon came to Delhi. In Delhi, he took a job of watchman and started watching plays. He took admission in the "The national school of drama ". In 1996, he completed his course in drama.
- He shifted to Mumbai to get a chance for acting in films. After a struggle in 1999 he made his bollywood debut with a small role in the film sarfarosh.
- He tried to act for the serials but didn't achieve much. He acted in many films for short roles- the bypass, black friday, dev-d,new york.
- His first lead role in a film was in Prashant Bhargava's patang. This film was showed at the Berlin film festival.
- He got recognition as an actor from the films Peepli live and Pan Singh Tomar. Tough the roles were small, his acting touched everybody.
- The year 2012 became turning point of his acting career. The films Kahaani and Gangs of Wasseypur released in this year set him as an promising actor.
- For the film Talaash he won zee cine award and screen award for best actor in a supporting role. He also won national film award