Nana Patekar is an Indian actor. He is famous for his acting in films like “Parinda”, “Krantiveer”, “Tiranga”, “Apaharan”.
- Nana Patekar’s original name is Vishwanath Patekar. He was
born on 1 January 1951 in Murud-Janjira, Maharashtra.
- His parents are Dinkar Patekar (a painter), Sanjanabai Patekar. He studied at Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai.
- Nana Patekar’s first known bollywood movie was Gaman in 1978. After that he acted in Mohre (1987) and Salaam Bombay! (1988) but he got his recognition from the film Parinda.
- Beside acting, Nana Patekar has also done directing and singing. He is the director of the film Prahaar: The Final Attack. He gave his voice in the films Yeshwant, Wajood and Aanch.
- He has also acted in the Marathi Films and plays. He acted in the Marathi films Pak Pak Pakaak, Deool, Maaficha Sakshidar.
- Nana Patekar has a Captain’s rank in Indian Army. He also has an interest in rifle shooting. He was qualified for the G.V. Mavlankar Shooting Championship.
- He won national award as an actor for the film Krantiveer (1995) and won national award as a supporting actor for the films Parinda (1990) and Agni Sakshi (1997). He has also won many Filmfare awards and Star Screen awards.
Quick Facts about Nana Patekar
|D.O.B:||1 January 1951|
|Family:||Father:Dinkar Patekar Mother:Sanjanabai Patekar|
|Education:||Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai.|
|Awards:||Padma Shri,National Award, Filmfare award, Star Screen Award.|