Anurag Kashyap is an Indian film director. Besides director, he is also a screenplay writer and producer. He is well known as the director of the films Black Friday, Gangs of Wasseypur.
- Anurag Singh Kashyap was born on 10 September 1972 in Benares, Uttar Pradesh.
- After the divorce of Anurag Kashyap and Aarti (his formal wife), He married Kalki Koechlin (an actor). Anurag Kashyap has a daughter named Aaliya. Filmmaker Abhinav Kashyap is his brother.
- He studied in the Scindia School of Gwalior. He completed his graduation from Hansraj College in 1993. Initially he wanted to be a Scientist.
- During his college life he watched a lot of movies and also got involved with drugs and alcohol.
- In International Film Festival of India, Anurag watched world movies first time. He watched 55 movies in 10 days in the festival. Films like bicycle thief left a great impact on his life.
- He came to Mumbai to join the film industry. After a lot struggle he got a chance to write a screenplay in Ram Gopal Verma’s satya. Satya became a hit film. Later, he wrote many films screenplay and dialogues. He wrote the dialogues for the films shool, yuva, kaun.
- His directorial debut film was Paanch, with Kay Kay Menon. The film did not get released for its content. After that he made Black Friday. The film received a positive review from the viewers and critics.
- Later he directed the films No Smoking (2007), Dev D (2009), Gulaal (2009), That Girl in Yellow Boots (2011) and Gangs of Wasseypur (2012).
- He is also the screenwriter of the film water (2005). The film was nominated to the academy awards.
- Anurag Kashyap won the best screenplay writer award at star screen award in 1999 for the film satya. His film Black Friday won the Grand Jury Prize at the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (2005).
Quick Facts about Anurag Kashyap
|D.O.B:||10 September 1972|
|Family:||wife-Kalki Koechlin, Brother: Abhinav Kashyap, Daughter: Aaliya|
|Education:||Scindia School in Gwalior, Delhi university|
|Profession:||Director, Producer, Screenplay Writer|
|Awards:||Best Screenplay award for Satya at the Star Screen Awards,Black Friday won the Grand Jury Prize at the 3rd Annual Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (2005)|