Narendra Modi is an Indian politician and the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He is the member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- Narendra Modi was born on 17 September 1950 in Vadnagar, Gujarat in a middle-class family.
- His parents were Damodardas Mulchand Modi and Heeraben. They have six children.
- Modi studied in a school of Vadnagar. From the childhood he has an interest in Politics. He collected Masters Degree in political science from Gujarat University.
- He used to run Tea stall with his brother in his young age. He also served the soldiers in transit at railway stations during the Indo-Pak war.
- Narendra Modi is a vegetarian and a very good speaker. He is an introvert and workaholic person.
- From the school time he was a member of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. Later he was nominated to the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Modi worked hard in the party and he was sent to Delhi as a General Secretary of the Party. Later he was promoted to the National Secretary.
- Narendra Modi was chosen as the chief minister of Gujarat in 2001. He replaced Kesubhai Patel as the chief minister.
- In 2002, under the pressure of other political parties for the Gujarat riots, he resigned from the post of chief minister. In the same year he was chosen as the chief minister of Gujarat in the election.
- He was reelected as the chief minister of Gujarat in 2007, 2012 general election. He also made a record as a chief minister of Gujarat to serve 2063 days continuously.
- Modi uses social networking site very much. His hangout in Google plus on 31 August 2012 made him the first politician of India to interact with the netizens
At A Glance
|Family:||Father:Damodardas Mulchand Modi Mother:Heeraben|
|Education:||M.S. in Political sciences from Gujarat University|